Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 00:19:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   World broken

makeworld from -stable is broken.  Needless to say this is completely
and totally unacceptible.  Would the people involved with the mtree
and settofflags changes please get together and fix this right.

cc -O -pipe -DMD5 -DSHA1 -DRMD160   -I/usr/obj/home/imp/FreeBSD/src/i386/usr/include  -o mtree compare.o crc.o create.o excludes.o misc.o mtree.o spec.o verify.o  -lmd
misc.o: In function `flags_to_string':
misc.o(.text+0x89): undefined reference to `fflagstostr'
spec.o: In function `set':
spec.o(.text+0x5f5): undefined reference to `strtofflags'
*** Error code 1

I'm kludging mtree so that make buildworld isn't broken.  Don't remove
the kludge until such time as the underlying problems have been
corrected.

FLAME ON

Can't people test the changes they make?  I mean this one bit me in
less than a minute for a buildworld.  Less than a minute.

GRUMP.  I'm not amused.

FLAME OFF

I got here checking an UPDATING entry someone sent me saying that one
needed to do a makeinstall in libc before this would succeed....

Warner