Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:54:30 -0600
From:      "Dustin Puryear" <dpuryear@usa.net>
To:        "Kal Torak" <kaltorak@quake.com.au>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Using DNAT and DNS round-robin

> Yeah, I see what your saying you want to do...
>
> Looks quite possible to me, only thing Im wondering about is
> the forwarding with nat... Dose nat actualy do name based forwarding??
> I dont see why it wouldnt, I have just never done it...

Actually, I would assume it doesn't do it. My assumption is that NAT occurs
before the resolver ever comes into play. However, I have yet to test the
idea. In the end I think I may use Squid as a reverse proxy. That will give
me a good level of control and hopefully do what I need.

To you and everyone else. Are there any good books or articles detailing
what is being in this thread? I haven't been able to find any, but I would
assume they are out there. This should be old hat for most ISP's and all web
hosts.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
Information Systems Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams