Date:      02 Nov 1999 03:46:14 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: screen file

Wayne M Barnes <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu> writes:

> Dear FreeBSD,
>
>     How to capture screen?
>
>     You know how if I hit Scroll/Lock, I can then use the up
> arrow to peruse what has rolled off the screen?
>
>     I would like to capture this screen contents in a file.  Or
> is this already happening?  If so, where is it?

There is always the script command, which works like below:

	% script
	Script started, output file is typescript
	% YOUR COMMANDS HERE
	output and all such stuff
	% exit
	exit
	Script finished...

Then you have everything that passed over your terminal in a file called
typescript in the current directory.  For more details "man script".

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]