Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:24:35 -0800
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        sada@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, girgen@partitur.se
Subject:   Re: ports/www/netscape4-communicator/REQ

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 12:56:40AM +0900, sada@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Obrien, your last commitment to
> ports/www/netscape4-communicator/pkg/REQ (2000/01/07 16:32:07)
> broke library warning message for package users,
> because pkg_add never present ARCH environment.
>
> How to repeat: pkg_add the ports on a clean FreeBSD box.
>
> Jeremy's XFree86-aoutlib must have same problem.
>
> I'm planning to apply below patches.
> As usual, comments are welcome :)

The patches look good, and yes the XFree86-aoutlibs port has the same
problem, except that it is already marked as ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386.  If we
are using my new port then the Netscape ports dont really need to check for
compat22, and the RUN_DEPENDS takes care of the check for X11 a.out
libs.

I'm already late for work, so I'll have to take a look this evening.

 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/