Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:30:27 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "."@babolo.ru
Cc:        julian@elischer.org (Julian Elischer), ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Splitting up ports.

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as it sounds. There are many places where
2-level structure (category/portname) is assumed (for example: pkg_install,
portupgrade, portbuild, bsd.port.mk, ports www pages etc), therefore unless
someone is willing to find and fix all those places there will be no move
forward. So far I do not see somebody willing and capable of doing that.

-Maxim