Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:36:46 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver release 0.3

> Yeah, me too.  In fact the past two evenings I hacked up dtv to do just
> that.  The keyboard grab is gone, and the live video window tracks when
> dragging the X window around with the mouse.
>
> However, since clipping isn't yet supported by the bktr driver (at least I
> don't think it is), I've got dtv just pausing capture when the X window is
> moved partially off the display.  Also due to no clipping, I don't let it
> get pushed behind anything -- it pops itself.  So dragging is in, and I
> plan to add resize support tomorrow night.
>
> If you're interested in a copy, I can clean up my source a bit tomorrow
> evening and make it available.

I'm certainly interested in a copy.. no sense in re-inventing the wheel
here.

> If the sample software you get works with the TV/dbx tuner, I'd be
> interested as well!  I've swapped e-mail with Wincast a few times about
> Wincast tuner specs but so far haven't gotten past the PR tech support
> folks that don't seem to even know the Brooktree specs are freely
> available.  The official word I get is "SDK beta in 2nd quarter", which is
> probably some Windoze API, not port mappings.  I probably will just eat the
> long distance cost and call them.

We'll see what I actually get from Brooktree.  I haven't ventured to look
under the label of the tuner module to see what's on the TV/dbx board,
but I'm guessing it's pretty close to what's on the hardware eval kit
Brooktree sells.  There's a striking parallel between the picture of the
eval board, and the Wincast board :=)

I'll pass along the info when I get it.

louie