Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:26:39 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
Subject:   Re: make buildworld for 3.1 fails

It's been recommended by Jordan to do a make upgrade in single user
mode compared to doing a make aout-to-elf-whatever, as explained by
the tutorial.  This is if you're doing a build of 3.1 since the tut
was made for 3.0.  It's very good and points to a few other important
pages (like upgrading /etc and /dev) so I'd recommend you either place
a link on your site, or ask the author if you can use it within your
site.  Since I've used your site often for insight, and I'm sure many
others do, it would be beneficial to many :)

Also, on another note, another problem I found (my main reason for
upgrading to 3.0/3.1) is that 2.2.7 doens't support USB.  This caused
a major problem since I'm using a Dell Dimension XPS R and the mb is
ATX with USB and PS/2 (comes with a PS/2 mouse).  2.2.7 doesn't detect
the PS/2 port properly because of USB, and 3.0/3.1 solves the problem.

Hope this is usefull!  And hope your make aout-to-elf-build won't
break anything :)

Manu