Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 00:04:57 +0900
From:      Seigo TANIMURA <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        Seigo TANIMURA <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
Subject:   Updated: Call for Review: VoxWare/LGSND(Yes!) midi driver for serial ports

Hi!

After a week of struggle, I am pleased very much to announce
that Luigi's sound driver now has a midi interface and a sequencer!
Although we have the midi interface driver only for a serial port
at this moment, our driver and sequencer play a midi sequence
just as they do under VoxWare drivers!

For those interested, please have a go to:

	http://www.naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~tanimura/freebsd-serialmidi/

The midi interface and the sequencer for LGSND are at alpha quality.
You can only output midi messages, not input. Some ioctl(2)s are missing.
The documentation for our midi driver framework is not ready yet. Sorry for that.

Thanks!

Seigo TANIMURA           |M2, Nakagawa Lab, Dept of Electronics & CS
=========================|Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National Univ