Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 06:56:54 -0500
From:      "IdiotSwitch Editor" <idiotswitch@beer.com>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2 for smp

I understand that you can purchase special motherboards (probably only from
AMD) for SMP K6-2's (possibly they'll take -3's as well).  I doubt (without
trying) the freebsd code supports this style as it's not done in the normal
fashion.  They kind of cheated the chips into working together.  Not a great
system.   Either get a twin PII, or wait for the K7's (but that won't be
cheap).