Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 11:04:09 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        BRETT_GLASS@infoworld.com, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Lucent WaveLAN (ISA, not mobile) cards?

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

>> Brett Glass asks about Wavelan support.

> There's a potential customer in Sydney that's considering trying to
Hey!  I'm in Melbourne!!!

> fund me to produce a decent driver for these cards.  At this point in
> time, there are several BSD/OS drivers, a Linux driver, and (I
> believe) support in the PAO code for the PCCARD Wavelan cards.
>
> The customer was planning on supplying me with a couple of loaner
> cards; if you were interested in helping fund the exercise I can put
> the two of you in contact.  (Note that I'm trying to work things out
> so that I can afford to spend time working on device drivers; the big
> struggle is finding people who understand that I have to eat while I'm
> doing this, and striking a balance with my employer.)

I'd be really keen if Brett, or anyone else could chip in a little bit to
help me fund Mike.  I'll buy the cards and ship them to Mike (it's only
800km from Melbourne to Adelaide).  As Mike says, there are already
drivers written for BSD/OS, and FreeBSD for the PCCARD, so all that needs
to be done is make the ISA code work.

Danny