Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:15:03 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootmanager - easier way to reinstall?

Another os had to go in the first partition of a system that had
2.1.5R in it's third partion.  OK, the "other" os was win95 but I had
no choice.

In the process slick billy's baby overwrote the MBR to ensure that
competing os's would have a hard time booting via boot managers.

I could only figure out how to bring FreeBSD's boot manager back by
going through a custom install from the floppy, mounting the slices
but not selecting any packages to install.  It worked but the process
toasted a few useful /etc files (sysconfig and fstab).

Question: Is there a better way to reinstall boot manager?