Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:25:32 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPUTYPE on k6-en problems?

I've posted regarding this before
(make was the offender that time), just wondered if any other
k6 users are getting problems with setting

CPUTYPE=k6-2

in make.conf?

I built world over the weekend and since then I'm getting
major problems in using my STABLE box.

login, sh and bash are all dumping smelly core files all over
the disk, and the box itself finally gets bored
and reboots after 20 minutes of this kind of nonsense.

I thought it was a heat problem originally, but Win95 is rock solid
(god, never thought I'd say *that*....)
and we've had continuous rain here in Cardiff since 3am last night,
so my entire house is now water-cooled :)

Just wanted to check - I'll try scping virgin binaries for these 3
tonight, if that fixes things I'm unsetting CPUTYPE permanently..

Thanks.
--
"These are the propulsion systems used by NASA for the moonshots,"
		said Tom apologetically.