Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:06:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Craig Critchley" <craigc@nwlink.com>
Cc:        <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP Net Performance

<<On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:32:02 -0700, "Craig Critchley" <craigc@nwlink.com> said:

> Any suggestions profoundly appreciated.

Whenever TCP behaves strangely, your first step should be to capture a
trace with tcpdump(8) and use tcpdump2xplot.pl and xplot(1) (part of
/usr/ports/math/xplot) to see what's going on.  The visual analysis
technique is developed in Tim Shepard's S.M. thesis, references to
which are available in the xplot tarball.

-GAWollman