Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:57:23 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBsd

Hi,

See below for comments:

> Hi,
> I ahve been using linux for a short period of time, but am unhappy with
the fragmention. What I mean is all the differnet distributions.
> I would want to use freebsd for the gateway to the internet for my two
other computers , a Mac and a Win98 computer.
> I would also what it to act as a mailserver for the other two computers.
> Would this be any harder to set up in FreeBSD than Linux?

Its easier, but you may find it a little harder because you dont have a lot
of those linux pretty nice programs for configuring things.

> How is the Desktop in FReeBSD.

The same as Linux (thats the xfree86 project).

> Could I realistically use it for my home workstation?

Yes

> Will things like WP8 run on freebsd?

Yes, (under Linux Emulation) even more stable than linux.

> I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.
>
> Thanks
> Rick
>

> --
> Rick Knebel