Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:24:20 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        avilla@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updating net-im/telepathy-qt4

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:00:15 +0200
Andriy Gapon articulated:

> on 23/02/2012 00:48 Alberto Villa said the following:
> > On Wednesday 22 February 2012 23:28:01 Jerry wrote:
> >> Has anyone else had a problem updating the "net-im/telepathy-qt4"
> >> port? It has failed to build twice for me in the past 12 hours.
> >
> > It looks like you have some problems with Qt 4 ports, qmake and
> > qt4-corelib mostly. Can you try rebuilding them?
> >
> > By the way, out of curiosity... what do you need Telepathy-Qt for?
>
> Just in case, I've run into the same problem.
> Couple of points (in a simple-user mode):
> - my Qt installation should be "good" as no other port had any
> problem with it and there were no run-time issues and the relevant Qt
> ports were installed a long time ago
> - I don't "need" that port for anything (in fact I don't even know
> what it provides) - it must be (or have been) a dependency of
> something
>
> A more educated observation: it seems that telepathy-qt4 is not
> required by any other installed package now.

I concur. Apparently, nothing else depends on it. I also have
absolutely no idea when or how it got installed. The problem is that
with my luck I'll delete it and something, somehow will break.

There is nothing wrong with my QT4 ports. They are all up-to-date.
Nothing else, and I have 1104 ports installed, has a problem with them.
Maybe I'll just file a PR against the port and forget about it. I have
the older version installed so there is no reason to really worry about
this one (I hope).

--
Jerry ♔