Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:17:49 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD from CD

Hi Garance,

> The first PowerMac does have a few other odd issues, so the problem
> might be hardware.  There is some hardware-shuffling I could try to
> fix the problems, but I first want to know if you would *expect*
> the August snapshot to work on this hardware?  If not, then I won't
> waste my time on that shuffling.

  I think Drew Gallatin had some problems with an AGP/400. There was
a fix committed on Sep 26.

  Have you tried dropping into OpenFirmware and booting manually ?
(described in 2b at http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/install.html)

> I tried checking the web pages before asking here, but the pages at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/platforms/ppc.html seem to be way out-of-date.

  Yep :-(

  I'll put together an up-to-date 6-CURRENT CD image which might
help things a bit.

later,

Peter.