Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:20:10 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to upgrade to 2.2.7 in 10 easy steps (Rev. 1)

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 04:20:47AM -0700, Tim Gerchmez wrote:
> OK:
>
> First off, I'm a newbie myself, and the following procedure MAY NOT but
> SHOULD work just fine.  If it doesn't, all the standard disclaimers apply
> (& even if you tried to sue me, I have $5.00 to last the rest of the month,
> so have fun!!) ;-)
> Also, any old-bies here want to upgrade this to revision 2, PLEASE do so as
> soon as possible!  I hereby release this to the Public Domain:

Tim, why don't you knock this into shape and offer it for the Handbook
or FAQ? The procedure would be basically:

1. Run your ideas past freebsd-questions for corrections and info
   about the best way of proceeding with an upgrade
2. Post your corrected and revised document to freebsd-doc and ask for
   feedback.

It's something we need and you've done a lot of the work already, so
why not follow it through if you have time? (Is that a nudge or is that
a nudge :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-