Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 01:47:18 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Re: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping victims of terror))

On Sunday, 21st October 2001, Brett Glass wrote:

>At 06:43 PM 10/20/2001, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
>>As opposed to moderate Christianity or moderate Judaism?  Members of
>>all three religions continue to commit atrocities in the name of their
>>religion.
>
>Oh? And what "atrocities" have Jews "contined to commit" in the name
>of their religion?

Well, for a start, the Israeli Government's policy of assassinating
Palestinians it doesn't like.  I really can't understand how their
politicians can get up on TV and complain about Palestinian terrorism
as if they don't use exactly the same methods themselves.

Or are you suggesting they do this purely secularly, without religious
connotations?  That's a subtle point in these times.

Stephen.