Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:47:45 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        FreeBSD ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PR ports/54436 needs a committer (OpenLDAP -client and -server split)

Hi Guys,

this PR splits the three OpenLDAP 2.x ports into client and server parts.
Everyone I talked to liked the idea.

It reduces the dependencies in every port that uses the client
libraries - i.e. Berkeley DB is only needed by the server.
Furthermore there is a choosing mechanism for OpenLDAP versions.

The ports are available by ftp:

<ftp://ftp.fillmore-labs.com/pub/FreeBSD/patches/openldap-split.tar.bz2>;
Size 131908 bytes, md5 = 3c66ef35c70c3edb0d2220fa5466e882

or in PR ports/54436 as shar files:
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54436>;

It may need a repository copy:

net/openldap20 => net/openldap20-server
net/openldap21 => net/openldap21-server
net/openldap22 => net/openldap22-server

and an (optional) patch to bsd.port.mk

Could somebody commit this, please - or at least give me some feedback what
could be done better? I don't think merely waiting > 2 months will improve
the code...

Thanks
    Oliver