Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:27:13 -0600
From:      Robin Schoonover <end@endif.cjb.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   where to install data? (boinc)

I need some advice involving installation locations...

I've pretty much have boinc ported over, but I want to make sure I'm doing
the right thing with the default installation location.

Currently I have boinc installed into /var/db/boinc to be consistant with
where setiathome puts its data files (I think I can see the reasoning on
why /var would be a good place). If you tweak PREFIX you can have boinc be
installed somewhere else. Also, there is an rcNG script I have written,
which by default gets installed into ${LOCALBASE}/etc/rc.d/ (also
tweakable).

All the other boinc data lives in /var/db/boinc (so setiathome, or
seti_boinc as I should probably call it, gets installed to
/var/db/boinc/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu).

Should I continue to have it install to the /var partition, or not mess
with PREFIX and have the default be ${LOCALBASE}?

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#