Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 21:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Klamath1 <Klamath1@aol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hi

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Klamath1 wrote:

>i hate win95 crashes alot.
>im thinking of installing freebsd or linux can i still use my win95 apps with
>either or

You can dual boot your computer to run win95 and FreeBSD. But once you
start FreeBSD your win95 apps are unavailable. Once you start win95,
FreeBSD apps are unavailable.

If you are just getting started, I recommend keeping your computer half
win95 and half FreeBSD.

There is one possibilty. There is a program called "wine" that can run
win95 binaries under FreeBSD. Unless you are very advanced user I
recommend that you _not_ use wine.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/