Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:42:06 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        sporkl@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to poweroff after halt?

hello again,
I have enabled it but there are 3 problems now!

first problem,

when the FreeBSD is booting it does not probe for APM
first I should get into the configuration with boot -cv
then enable it, but then it does not save it, how can I handle it?

the second problem is even though it says that it found apm 1.2
the halt -p or shutdown -p commands are not working.

on the Intel board it even does not find APM support!
I looked into the bios if there is anything about the APM
but the only thing I could find was an option asking about
the OS installed...there was options as Win95, Win98/NT 5.0
I tried both but I could not get FreeBSD to find APM
support anyway. But win98 was able to shutdown the system
normally so I think FreeBSD should be able to do it too.

thanks for the reply...

Evren