Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 22:35:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Michael Beckmann <petzi@apfel.de>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: innd can't remalloc

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> datasize        131072 kbytes
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> You can override this using:
>
> 	options		"MAXDSIZ='(256UL*1024*1024)'"
>
> (For 2.2 systems, leave out the '' quotes.  Should be converted to an
> official option.)

It works !! Thank you.

Next thing I'm going to upgrade to FreeBSD 2.2, to get the better malloc
and some other enhancements from it. The innd doesn't have to be that
large. I tried linking my inn with -lgnumalloc , but it was a desaster.
Ever seen a sysload of 20 on a FreeBSD box ? I couldn't believe my eyes.

2.2-ALPHA performs very well on my other newsserver, no crashes or
problems since I installed it three weeks ago.

Cheers,

Michael