Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:26:28 -0200
From:      Alexandre =?utf-8?Q?C=2E_Guimar=C3=A3es?= <rigoletto@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poudriere building far more ports than it should

--av3e7aeh5haqjly4

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 08:57:59PM +0200, Reko Turja via freebsd-ports wrot=
e:
> Hello!
>=20
> -----Original Message----- From: Dmytro Bilokha
>=20
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 03:33:38AM +0200, reko.turja--- via freebsd-ports
> wrote:
>=20
> > > I finally took the hurdle and made a poudriere VM for building my por=
ts
> > > instead of building them on target system. At first I did however bui=
ld
> > > every single port I will need on the VM resulting on 240 or so ports.
> > >=20
> > > Then I copied over my options, and the list of installed ports  etc. =
and
> > > started the build. For some reason poudriere wants to build a ton of
> > > extra
> > > baggage (360+ ports instead of 240.)
>=20
>=20
> > Hello, Reko!
>=20
> > Poudriere builds different kinds of ports:
>=20
> > 1. Ports from your list.
> > 2. Run-time dependencies of ports from your list. 3. Build-time
> > dependecies of ports from your list.
> < 4. Run-time and build-time dependencies of your ports dependencies, as
> well
>=20
> That all I know - Ive been using ports and only ports since early 2000's.=
 So
> the problem is that I made a dry run from ports, linking only to stuff th=
at
> I wanted on the final package receiver. Then I copied the list of ports o=
ver
> to poudriere using portversion -oQ. When I started the run, there was
> suddenly every single dependency I previously dropped brought in. (I know
> about automake, autoconf and similar build dependencies.)
>=20
> I guess one option would be blacklisting in poudriere those unneeded
> dependencies which shouldn't be linked with my packages, if my options are
> honoured by poudriere.

Do you mean the OPTIONS you previously set were not honoured by poudriere? =
=20

Just in case, poudriere does not `read` OPTIONS and/or other things like=20
make.conf from the default location but from /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/*

Cheers!