Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 13:13:11 -0800
From:      Dave Truesdell <truesdel@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is anyone working on a QuickCam driver/app?

-- Your message was:   (from ""Jordan K. Hubbard"")
I called those folks a couple of times trying to get tech specs and then
finally gave up.  Everyone was very friendly and tried their best to be
helpful, they just didn't have the foggiest idea how one might go getting
ahold of the specifications for the data format! :-(

						Jordan

-- End of Message

I received e-mail from them on the 21st of December, saying that they have
decided that they really will release the protocols if you sign a
non-disclosure/non-compete agreement with them.  They claim that they are
documenting the protocols and that they would be available the second week of
January.  However, I'll believe it when I see it.  They claimed they would
release the protocols under NDA's before, but from everything I've seen, they
never really prepared to do so.

T.T.F.N.,
Dave Truesdell     Wombat Wrestler/Software Packrat/NAS Newsmaster/Postmaster
(truesdel@nas.nasa.gov)