Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:25:52 -0600
From:      jeremy-novak <pr0cy0n@home.com>
To:        "Heimes, Rene" <rh@com-con.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security log file parser / ids

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:24:42AM +0100, Heimes, Rene wrote:
> hiho!
>
> i am searching for a parser that parses security logs from ipfw-made up
> logs. anyone got a hint?
> (btw: what about ipfw firewalls - outdated? what would be better?
> ipchains? help!)
>
> other question - whats the (freeware) ids of your choice / "state of the
> art" for freeBSD?
>
> great thanks in advance,
>
> rené

> "who fights might loose - who does not fight has lost immediately"
> Bertolt Brecht (freely adapted ;-)

  Hi

  I hope this helps some. It is a neat little toy called logcheck that is very
configurable. You can get it at http://www.psionic.com

Hope that helps out.

Jeremy
--

  ^ ^     email: pr0cy0n@home.com  (but you already knew that)
[ 0 0 ]   ircnick: g0rdi <irc.slashnet.org /#code>,<irc.undernet.org /#freebsd>

"You have an account at host.com"? "I wanna be user@host.com; I would get
 so many 'cool' e-mails".