Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 14:12:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alfredo_Ordo=F1ez_Hernandez?= <aordonez@redipn.ipn.mx>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sorry....

Alfredo Ordo=F1ez Hernandez writes:
 > I'm here again...
 >=20
 > Ok...
 > I boot from dka4, it's ok and I see the menu, but when I try to inst=
all=20
 > I choose: Standar Installation
 > and  then the message:  No disk Found!!!, (when the server has two H=
 > Seagate Model ST12400N 2GB) so..
 > Can I install FreeBSD on my server?
 > if not, what OS do you recommend to install...
 > Thanks...

As the reply to your previous question stated: FreeBSD doesn't
support the SCSI controller on your machine.  While work is in
progress to support it, you can only install FreeBSD in a diskless
configuration now.  This is not easy to do.

I suggest installing the latest version of NetBSD on this machine.
They have far better support for the DEC3000 (turbochannel) machines.

Drew

PS: Please do not post html to the FreeBSD/alpha mailing list.