Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 13:45:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@xi.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SLIP

Hi,

I am currently running FreeBSD 2.0.5R.
I have two questions (possibly, I may use wrong words... Please
allow my ignorence.)

1)
    I am using SLIP to access Internet (with kermit). But the school
    terminal server drops the line which is not active for 30 minutes.
    Is there any utility to keep my connection alive?

2)
    The school annex supports five 28.8k modem lines. Each line allows
    slip connection. But since the annex is run by rotary system, I
    can not expect what line I get actually connected when I dial
    up a certain number. Is there any utility to handle this problem
    for SLIP connection.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--Uh