Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:15:56 +1100
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS driver on current

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 05:47:46PM +0200, Oliver Herold wrote:
> there are drivers for ICE/Via Envy24 based cards,
>
> /boot/kernel/snd_envy24.ko
> /boot/kernel/snd_envy24ht.ko

A couple of months ago I tried -CURRENT+snd_envy24.ko, and it
didn't quite work on my M-Audio Delta1010.  Documentation/source
seemed to indicate that there were known issues with
multi-channel.  In my case the card seemed to be recognised
(lines in dmesg) but no dsp devices showed up in /dev.  Since I
use this system all the time, I had to fall back to the non-free
OSS driver, which does work nicely.  I'd be very happy to be
able to use -CURRENT and the native drivers, though.  Has any
progress been made, recently?

Cheers,

--
Andrew