Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:52:43 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please test your commits

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:35:05 +0000
Michael Scheidell articulated:

> Public flogging seems to be more enjoyable than a private email to
> the developer, the maintainer, and a committer.
>
> But I suppose it beats doing a backup of your envirement first.

I put it right up there with "Top Posting" myself in terms of
arrogance. In any case, I might suggest (which assures it will never
come to pass) that the submitter of a port list somewhere, perhaps a
separate file, a list of all the environments that the port was
actually tested under. If a port was never tested under "amd 64" for
instance, it might be helpful for a potential user to know that prior
to attempting to use said port.

--
Jerry ♔