Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:53:39 -0700
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        daichi <daichi@jp.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: JDK131 patchset7: Working report of HotSpot on -stable

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:30:01PM +0900, daichi wrote:
>         Caffeine-JDK118-nojit                   score = 2519
>         Caffeine-JDK122-nojit                   score = 2490
>         Caffeine-JDK131-hotspot-compiler1       score = 26949
>         Caffeine-JDK131-hotspot-core            score = 2217
>         Caffeine-JDK131-nohotspot               score = 2495
>         Caffeine-LinuxBDJDK131-hotspot          score = 28304
>         Caffeine-LinuxBDJDK131-nohotspot        score = 2471

That's good that we're on par with Linux's HotSpot. ;)

>   A summary of a result shows the characteristic which the FreeBSD
>   version and Linux version also resembled(However, Linux IBM JDK131
>   is outside. Has not it used the source code of Sun as the base?
>   The characteristic is considerably different. And it operates
>   quickly wonderfully.). That's right since the code base is the same,
>   if it is called a natural result.
>   The usefulness of HotSpot can be reconfirmed as a result.

> Bug
> ---
>   A Java2D demonstration carries out a strange motion. If it passes
>   fixed time, processing will stop temporarily.
>   A source code is not displayed in SwingSet2 demonstration.
>   Heavy JFC/Swing, such as Forte and ArgoUML, -- an application does
>   not start, etc.

I didn't make any guarantees for -stable and I was hoping patches like
that wouldn't get publically posted or else we might get flooding with
senseless bug reports. It should only be tested under -current and I
suggest running those program under it.

bill