Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:23:00 +0200
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, sos@freebsd.dk
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA errors on recent -current

Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 17:54 schrieb Terry Lambert:
> I wish someone who is having the problem would try the three
> hacks I suggested, and report back.  I personally can't reproduce
> the problem here, either.

So: I changed line 186 in sys/dev/ata/ata-disk.c from

adp->num_tags = atadev->param->queuelen;

adp->num_tags = 0x10;

which is roughly the half of the reported queuelenght (which is 0x1F).

And, Terry, I can't avoid to disappoint you... there's absolutely *no*
change in the behaviour of the new kernel :-(

As I've reported earlier, the writecaching also makes no difference as
does (not) changing the UDMA-speed (with 'atacontrol').

If you pretend on it, I'll change the DMA-speed with the IBM-tool, but
I think we can do without it... (urghh, I would have to change to
Windoze :-/ )

Sorry for the bad news, but... I think, we'll wait for Soren's commit
tonight.
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette	<msch@snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)