Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:25:37 -0400
From:      shad0w@prtc.net (shad0w)
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: starting up the XWindows

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BE87F3.77F4FEE0

Thanks for all the quick replies concerning the Xwindows=20
It started up ok ,I need to adjust the screen size a little, but looks =
good anyway.

I guess I need to first get mail running so I don't have to go back and =
forth to Win98 in order to ask questions on this list.

I have four machines here, my goal is to convert them all to FreeBSD - =
first, this machine, being a client.  I have the LAN card working(I can =
Ping the other machines in the LAN) , but need to change the DNS name to =
match the others in tha LAN network. How can I edit my Network/Lan Card =
Settings?
 The  "Server" machine has a proxy to the internet. What would be the =
best mailer/  program  for accessing a Win98 server with a proxy? Any =
ideas here would be helpful.
  I also have a PCBoard BBS working (via TelNet) off the server - is it =
possible to get that  running under this OS?=20

 thanks

Angelo

  ----- Original Message -----=20