Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:23:30 -0500
From:      Dany Nativel <dany_list@natzo.com>
To:        Guy Van Sanden <n.b@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB 2.0 harddisk performance

add a line to your kernel config file with :
device ehci
or options ehci... I'm not sure. Check your kernel config file, it
should be the same as ohci! ... sorry I'm not in front of my fbsd box.

Also don't forget to enable DMA for your drives.
you can switch DMA (it should be on for HD) for CDROM/CDRW through
/boot/loader.conf

#sysctl -a | gep dma
to see HDD status
#sysctl -a | grep atapi