Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 09:07:00 +1100
From:      Greg Wickham <G.Wickham@deakin.edu.au>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems booting with ABIT BH6 and AHA2940U2W

[This isn't a 2940U2W driver question, but it relates to using
 a U2W card with linux so I hope it qualifies.]

Hi All,

Recently upgraded to a PII system, however now I can't
boot straight from the Hard Disk. It always gives a
'no active partition' found error.

I can boot off a floppy just fine. I've run lilo and
it writes the MBR as normal. (In fact I pulled the controller
and HDD out of another PC where it was working perfectly.)

Has anyone else experience this problem?

   -Greg

Network Operations Center Manager                 Dr. Greg Wickham
Information Technology Services     ______________________________
Deakin University                   Voice: (+61 3) 5227 8912
Geelong VIC 3217                    eMail: G.Wickham@deakin.edu.au
Australia                    WWW: http://www.cm.deakin.edu.au/~gjw