Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:34:44 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why is it called /boot/beastie.4th ?

Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> writes:
> I don't think it can be done currently, but it would be possible to
> implement.  I haven't looked at the syscons code in a long time,
> though.  Right now my focus is on the loader.

If you say the magic words (something like "I'm willing to work on
syscons once I'm done with the loader"), I'll have your application in
core@'s inbox in a New York minute :)

> In fact my PCX decoder supports that; runs crossing planes (standard)
> as well as runs crossing scan line boundaries (non-standard).  In fact
> I have to admit that it currently doesn't support padding at all.
> Well, ppmtopcx never generates any padding, so I didn't care.  I'll
> try to fix that, though.

Hmm, the spec calls for padding each scan line to the nearest multiple
of 16 bits IIRC, but it's been a long time.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no