Date:      Sat, 03 Nov 2012 00:27:18 +0700
From:      Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>
Cc:        Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SU+J on 9.1-RC2 ISO

On 11/3/2012 0:13, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> You can disable SU+J after installing, though it would be nice if the
> installer gave you a choice.

This assumes that you know about this flaw, which most people do not.

I didn't until I discovered it by panic-ing a perfectly fine running
server.  Getting burned by a known bug like this shouldn't be "SOP" for
users of FreeBSD.

If anything it should be turned off by default, and people can turn it
on if they want given the landmine it plants.  If they know how to turn
it on they're much more likely to be aware of the issue.

--
Adam Strohl
http://www.ateamsystems.com/