Date:      Tue, 16 May 1995 16:32:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@rrnet.com>
To:        David Schnardthorst <ds3721@strydr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ProAudio Spectrum and Mediavision CDROM

On Tue, 16 May 1995, David Schnardthorst wrote:

> Is it possible to get a proaudio spectrum sound card and a Mediavision CDROM
> to work under FREE-BSD.

yes it is possible., I can't remember if it's in the default kernel or not.
You'll need the snapshot from about 02/2 or newer.

if the kernel says its probed, but not found, then boot with a -c
and set the ioport to be 0x1f88

otherwise you have to build a new kernel with support for scd0 (my mediavison
is really a sony cdu33a) and probably nas0.

scd0 adds the cdrom driver.
nas0 is the controller that the cdrom is on.

I'm not sure how this works on the latest snapshot, my machine with
this hardware is still running 020295-SNAP.  Since then there has been a new
driver.  Maybe someone who is using more recent stuff can fill in some
details.

> David Schnardthorst System Administrator  *  Phone: (314)838-6839
> Stryder Communications, Inc.              *    Fax: (314)838-8527
> 869 St. Francois                          * E-Mail: ds3721@strydr.com
> Florissant, MO  63031                     *   HTTP: http://www.strydr.com

erich.
--