Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 17:16:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci ncr.c

Justin T. Gibbs writes:

> >Stefan Esser writes:
> >>
> >> se          95/03/22 03:00:25
> >>
> >>   Modified:    sys/pci  ncr.c
> >>   Log:
> >>   Remove use of unitialised variable xp->req_sense_length.
> >>
> >>   Submitted by:	Wolfgang Stanglmeier <wolf@kintaro.cologne.de>
> >
> >Could you set it up to use this as the sense length to request?
> >The Microtek Scanmaker series of scanners needs to have an exact
> >number of bytes requested for sense.  The 154x (and I hope 174x)
> >drivers use this properly.
> >
> >Peter
>
> I didn't know about this field, but I'll make the aic7xxx driver
> compliant.

No need.  As Stefan pointed out in private e-mail it is no longer used.
It used to be used in 386bsd in the /dev/scsi SGI library clone, but
that is superceded by the new library.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936