Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:53:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        tom@inna.net, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neat BT848/fxtv problem

> > BT848_ADC_CRUSH didn't seem to make much of a difference here though (when
> > receiving of an antenna, so I left it in).

I think a clarrification is in order. I am quite far from all TV stations
and was using an indoor dipole antenna (away from the computer), so the
local fluctuations due to changes in location of furniture/people,etc.
made it impossible to really notice a difference.

The only way for me to really tell is to add a ioctl so I can switch
ADC_CRUSH on/off on the fly.

> certainly BT848_ADC_SYNC_T is more important because it allows to
> sync better. I think some AGC decisions  (e.g. the level right
> after sync pulses etc.) are taken assuming the frame is properly
> synchronized, so if you lose sync and leave BT848_ADC_CRUSH on,
> you might run into the fading problem which were mentioned.

Hmmmm..

Bernie