Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 06:28:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else noticed..

> Interesting your system is about twice as fast as mine. I wonder if
> you are having problems with the PCI bus... At any rate, here are my stats:

Well, the boards currently shipping apparently claim the "new Intel
450KX B0 Orion Chipset", but who knows what that means.  I've heard
that there are additional problems out beyond B0, but David would know
better than I.

>       474.89 real       405.94 user        38.91 sys

Yeah, that's about average for a high-end P5.  With my P5/133 I
get "435.64 real       380.14 user        24.26 sys", which
is about what you'd expect.

You need a P6 to drop below the 3 minute barrier though. :-)

					Jordan