Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:53:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        developers@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org

Apologies in advance for the cross-posting.  (Hopefully you have a
mail system with duplicate suppression.)

I've created two new FreeBSD-related mailing-lists which people may
wish to subscribe to.  FreeBSD's postmaster did not think there would
be sufficient interest in these lists to justify their creation on
FreeBSD.org, so they will instead live on my machine.  (This means
that there will be no public archives of the discussion, unless
someone else volunteers to create one.)

The two lists are <freebsd-print@bostonradio.org> and
<freebsd-standards@bostonradio.org>; subscribe in the usual manner.
Here are the info files for both lists:

print systems and software in the FreeBSD environment.  Germane
topics would include:

	- The standard FreeBSD print spooler system, lpr(1)/lpd(8).

	- Other print spooler systems, such as `rlpr' and `LPRng'.

	- Related document-management and translation software such as
	  `a2ps', `psutils', and `ghostscript'.

	- Document-formatting systems such as groff(1) and TeX.

	- Standards relevant to printing, such as IPP.

	- Support for foreign printing protocols in FreeBSD using
	  tools like `CAP' and `samba'.

This list is maintained and retroactively moderated by Garrett
Wollman, wollman@{{FreeBSD,bostonradio,decalcomania}.org,lcs.mit.edu}
excludes discussion of standards for network protocol and APIs; these
should take place exclusively on the <FreeBSD-net@FreeBSD.org> list
instead.

This list is maintained and retroactively moderated by Garrett
Wollman, wollman@{{FreeBSD,bostonradio,decalcomania}.org,lcs.mit.edu}

-GAWollman