Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 1995 00:04:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Dujin.Ayitoro-1@tc.umn.edu (dujin ayitoro)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd development

> I am interested in being involved in the FreeBSD Project.  Please send info.
> Also. I would like to know if FreeBSD is available for the PowerPC.

I have a "Motorolla Ultra 603" based box.  This is a loaner from a
company interested in a FreeBSD port.

The port of the kernel itself is ~60% complete... I have a ~$220 charge
by Arrow Electronics on my VISA for the PPCBug documentation I need to
fix the console and native boot code (to get rid of AIX entirely), but
so far no documentation.

This board is the same board in the Motorolla PowerStack and the OEM
"FirePower" systems.

I also have an official developer ID from "Be, Inc." and email assurances
from Gassee that porting information for their hardware (a dual processor
603 box) will be available.  Jean Loius Gassee is their main guy.

I can get a limited amount of hardware at a steep discount.  Let me know
if you are serious AND capable of helping on a port.  You should have
Intel hardware and room for full NetBSD sources in addition to the
FreeBSD sources on your reference box before you consider requesting
to participate.  They are overcommitted on box sales already, so only
people willing to drop ~$1700 or more on hardware need apply.  We may not
get all of the requested hardware.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---