Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:20:35 +1100
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        Edward Shriver <edwar181@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsnap

--7uYPyRQQ5N0D02nI

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009, 09:15 -0700, Edward Shriver wrote:
> I am attempting to load FreeBSD-7.0.? The computer I am using has no inte=
rnet connection.? Could you please let me have the location and name of the=
 file(s) that portsnap needs to do its 'extract' thing.

On a system that _does_ have Internet connectivity:
 - Do 'portsnap fetch' so that you have a current ports tree snapshot
 - Take a backup of /var/db/portsnap

On the machine you are installing:
 - Restore /var/db/portsnap from the backup
 - Do 'portsnap extract'

--=20
John Marshall

--7uYPyRQQ5N0D02nI