Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:31:21 -0500
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Objective C rules for /usr/share/mk

On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 06:02:13PM -0500, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> I thought it was an installed part of gcc, actually (compiling a
> simple .m file works, at least :).  Regardless, a well-written
> patch should make using other compilers as simple as defining a
> few vars.

The way my patches are structured, you can set ${OBJC} to be whatever
compiler you want. There is a problem in that in bsd.prog.mk, I have
it set LDADD+=-lobjc if there are .m files in the sources.

It wouldn't be too hard to set that to ${LIBOBJC} if bsd.libnames.mk
is included in the default case (which, if I'm reading bsd.prog.mk
right, it should be once we transition to ELF).

-bjc