Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:17:20 -0500
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Dennis Tenn <dstenn@fanfic.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif/lesstif and ports

On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 08:32:34AM -0500, Dennis Tenn wrote:

> Can anyone explain what the steps are to compile a port in the /usr/ports
> dir that has the "REQUIRES_MOTIF=yes" option in 'Makefile'?  I have

If you have Lesstif (or a commercial Motif) correctly installed,
then you should make sure HAVE_MOTIF is uncommented in /etc/make.conf:

#
# If you have Motif on your system, uncomment this.
#
HAVE_MOTIF=     yes

If, after doing so, xmcd and so on don't build, then there might be
a problem with your Motif installation.  You could send the last steps
before the error to freebsd-ports@freebsd.org.

Note: I personally built and used xmcd with Lesstif, and it worked
very well.  That might be a good one to test with.

Matthew

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Think locally, act globally.
http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.