Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 1995 19:18:26 BST
From:      ndj@astro1.demon.co.uk (Nick James)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cirrus Logic voice modem

I have just bought a cheap 14.4k modem which does data, fax and voice.
This modem comes with negligable documentation but fax and data are
standard and understandable. It says nothing about its voice capabilities
except that it is based on a "Cirrus Logic" chip-set. The software that
comes with it implements a pretty good voice-mail system under Widows
but I try to run that apology for an OS as little as possible.

Can anyone direct me towards a FreeBSD package that can handle voice mail
with this type of modem or, failing that, suggest where I might get hold of
some info on the Cirrus command set so I could write my own.

BTW I am still running 2.0R. It has never given me any problems so I can't
be bothered to upgrade just yet.

Thanks for any help.

Nick James.