Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 19:14:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Cc:        graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quotas on v2.1?

hasn't Brian Tao said ? ...

> On Sat, 30 Dec 1995, Thomas Graichen wrote:
> >
> > i think quota over nfs is'nt supported in FreeBSD (and in some other
> > unices too - for instace Digital UNIX) - i'll add the rpc.rquotad from
> > NetBSD in the next days to -current - but this will currently only be
> > used for _displaying_ the quota over nfs
>
>     Displaying quotas on an NFS-mounted filesystem isn't as critical
> (BSD/OS 2.0 can't do this either), but quotas must still work.  That
> is, I don't want nfsd overriding or ignoring a user's quota on
> exported filesystems.

i agree with you but /sys/nfs/nfs_vfsops.c says (at least for 2.1):

/*
 * Do operations associated with quotas, not supported
 */
/* ARGSUSED */
int
nfs_quotactl(mp, cmd, uid, arg, p)
        struct mount *mp;
        int cmd;
        uid_t uid;
        caddr_t arg;
        struct proc *p;
{

        return (EOPNOTSUPP);
}

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de