Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:46:19 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   merge bpfattach into if_attach...

I was just working on the strip star mode driver from NetBSD (it works!)
and noticed this really stupid piece of code that I KNOW is in every
interface driver:
#if NBPFILTER > 0
                bpfattach(&sc->sc_if, DLT_SLIP, SLIP_HDRLEN);
#endif

and just before that code is a call to if_attach...  is there any
problem by merging these two together?  and then in if_attach if
NBPFILTER is > 0, call the proper bpfattach routine?  it seems really
stupid to touch ever driver, when a small modification can improve the
code...

and yes, I know that it will break the interface that made it so easy
to get NetBSD's star mode driver up and running... :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD