Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:22:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Sylvain=20Lemasson?= <sylvain_lemasson@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unable to ping or connect to freebsd

> > Hi,
> >   I have installed freebsd 5.2.1 and connect it to
the
> > network using ppp. it works well. I have access to
> > internet but I am unable to ping the freebsd from
> > another computer. The network card get the ICMP
> > packets but it seems that they are filters whereas
no
> > firewall like ipfw are installed. My rc.conf is
> > bellow. As you can see the kernel_secureLevel is
> > disable.

Thank you for all who have reply to my email. They
thank that the problem came from the NAT ant it was
so. In the ppp.conf file the option  nat deny_incoming
was set to yes. I change it to no and now incoming
pacquets are not filtered.

                 Best regards.

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
 Créez votre adresse sur http://mail.yahoo.fr